Small Group Personal Training
At Optimize Fitness & Performance, we’re dedicated to delivering the best results with the smartest training methods. All of our workouts are based in a deep understanding of exercise science. So when it comes to kettlebells, we’ve done our homework. We’ve read the studies, read the books, watched the videos, and attended multiple hands-on, live training events.
If you want to become strong, fit, and athletic, the results are clear:
Kettlebells work, and they work incredibly well.
That’s why we’ve started the Franklin Kettlebell Club.
- We offer kettlebell classes Monday through Friday at 5:15AM, 9:15AM, and 5:15PM.
- They are 45-60 minutes in length.
- Our workouts will challenge your strength, your cardiovascular fitness, and your flexibility in a fun, safe, and motivating atmosphere.
- Our coaches are nationally certified with degrees in exercise physiology.
- There are only 6 students per class, similar to Small Group Personal Training.
- The workouts are challenging enough for strong individuals but flexible enough to accommodate beginners and older adults.
If you’re a beginner, we offer introductory workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with the option to continue on in a 6 Week Beginner’s Course. You may also enter our regular classes upon the coach’s approval. Your first class is $25 and the second class is free.
Improve your stamina and muscular endurance with a fun, fast, and effective training program
Build lean muscle in your entire body, especially the thighs, butt, abs, and arms
Kettlebell training burns fat through a mix of interval training and strength training. Plus, receive nutrition coaching as part of the program.
Train in a small group setting with up to 6 people per course.
Benefits of Training with Kettlebells
- Get Fit – kettlebell training improves your cardiovascular and muscular endurance through a combination of strength training and intense interval training
- Get Strong – kettlebell training will make you stronger. You’ll develop impressive strength in your arms, shoulders, legs, core, and especially your hips/butt/glutes!
- Get Lean – kettlebell training improves your metabolism through the effects of strength training and interval training. Both activities increase your metabolism for up to 48 hours after you finish working out!
Learn More About How You Can Get Into Incredible Shape With Kettlebells
Kettlebell training combines weight lifting with intense cardiovascular conditioning for a workout that is fast, effective, and fun. In fact, multiple studies have shown that kettlebells deliver rapid results and can help you get into incredible shape.
As strength coaches, that’s what we’re after in our own workouts. We want to be strong, flexible, and fit – meaning that we feel up to almost anything at any time. And if that’s what you want, then we want to help you get there.
At the Franklin Kettlebell Club, here’s what you can expect to accomplish:
You’ll lose fat:
- Kettlebell training is excellent for fat loss because it combines high-intensity cardiovascular exercise with total-body strength training. We all know that a combination of strength training and hard cardio is best for fat loss and body transformation. Kettlebells combine both in a workout that is fast, fun, and effective.
Your muscles, joints, and bones will become stronger:
- Time-honored exercises like the squat, deadlift, military press, pushups, and pullups will help you to build lean, strong muscles over your entire body.
- Each class is a total-body workout that challenges every muscle in your body.
- Unique kettlebell exercises like the swing, snatch, and clean & jerk will help you reach new levels of aerobic fitness without the pain or repetition of treadmill running.
You’ll become more flexible:
- All students receive customized warm up exercises and flexibility drills after an individual assessment
- Kettlebells strengthen your muscles through a full range of motion. The swing requires, and builds, exceptional flexibility in your hamstrings. Our expert coaches will make sure that you’re flexible enough to begin swings and will teach you how to get there (even if you can’t touch your toes).
You’ll get better abs and a stronger lower back:
- You’ll learn the turkish get up, a unique kettlebell exercise that strengthens more muscles than simple situps and crunches ever will.
- Kettlebell swings strengthen the lower back, glutes, and hamstrings while maintaining flexibility in the hips and lower body. It’s a winning combination that may reduce lower back pain, according to studies.
You’ll learn a fast, high-intensity workout that burns a high amount of calories in a short amount of time
- One study from the American Council of Exercise found that a total-body kettlebell workout can burn over 20 calories per minute – the equivalent of running a 6 minute mile. Participants burned over 250 calories in just one workout – and they kept burning more calories for 48 hours afterwards!
Above all, you’ll become strong, you’ll get leaner, and you’ll be fit.
All monthly memberships include access to our private, online-only Facebook coaching group where we share tips, success stories, and nutrition tips for kettlebell training.
Monthly Kettlebell Club Membership (highlighted to the right)
- BEST value, BEST results
- Just $239.99 per month
- Average of $15 per class
- 3 Month Commitment required – it takes 12 weeks to see great results
- Pay month-to-month and cancel your membership up to 7 days before billing renews
- Average of $19 per class
- 4 classes per week is $319.99 per month
- 3 classes per week is $259.99 per month
- 2 classes per week is $179.99 per month
Pay As You Go Options
- Single classes are $25 each.
- 10 Class Punchcards are available for $225.99 ($22.59 per class)
Kettlebell Club MembershipOur #1 Recommendation
- Up to 5 classes each week
- Access to our private online Facebook coaching group
- Best value
- Best results
- 3 Month Commitment
Reserve Your Spot Today!
Fill out the form below to submit your application. You’ll be contacted within 48 hours to set up a pre-course success session and interview.
Have questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What Others Are Saying
“The most important result is that I have found a routine that I know is making me stronger, one that I enjoy doing, and can continue to do as I grow into my senior years. That it can be completed in 30 or so minutes is fantastic”
Learn Even More About Kettlebell Training
People just like you have achieved excellent results in just 6 weeks of kettlebell training.
In the results of one of our 6 Week Kettlebell Courses, each person lost fat and inches. Several went down a clothing size and visibly flattened their stomachs. Back pain improved, muscles became more flexible, and everyday activities became easy because of their newfound strength. The participants ranged in age from 32 to 67 and each of them succeeded.”
One participant explained: “The most important result is that I have found a routine that I know is making me stronger, one that I enjoy doing, and can continue to do as I grow into my senior years. That it can be completed in 30 or so minutes is fantastic”
If you want to lose fat without the boredom or joint pain of running, kettlebells can help you.
Kettlebell training produced similar, if not better, changes in your heart rate and lung capacity when compared to running, sprinting, spinning, and circuit training in multiple studies. In one study involving Divison 1 Soccer players, the athletes that trained with kettlebells lost more weight AND got into better shape than their counterparts that only did circuit training.
What’s more, kettlebells don’t have the pounding impact that’s associated with running, step classes, and Zumba classes. It’s easier on your joints because of the lack of impact. Plus, it combines resistance training with cardiovascular training. This means that your bones and muscles are getting stronger as you get incredibly fit. Rather than separate your weight training and cardio into separate days, taking twice the time, you can combine them with kettlebell training and see better results!
A 2010 study by the American Council of Exercise found that high intensity kettlebell training can burn up to 20 calories per minute. That’s a similar pace to running a 6 minute mile!
If you want to work out, but are limited by pain in your lower back, neck, or shoulders, kettlebells may help you.
One study found that a workplace group that did kettlebell swings significantly decreased their pain in their neck, shoulders, and lower back. Kettlebells are so effective because they strengthen the glutes, hamstrings, abs, and lower back while they increase your aerobic fitness. They’re safe for your back and may even protect it over time.
If you want to get into incredible shape, but are short on time.
Kettlebell workouts are total-body, everytime. They combine weight lifting with high intensity interval training (HIIT) methods. The result is a workout that is fast and effective. It’s so effective that in 2010, a study by the American Council of Exercise (ACE) found that 20 minutes of an intense, total-body kettlebell workout can burn an average of 272 calories! And when you include after-exercise calorie burn (we call that “afterburn”), the calories burned per minute increases to over 20 calories burned per minute. That’s comparable to running a 6-minute mile!
What’s more, it’s achievable even with older adults whose bodies can’t take the high impact of running.
In the first 6 Week Kettlebell Course, we had two older women with fantastic results.
One woman in particular (age 54):
- Lost over 7lbs of fat while gaining 3lbs of lean muscle mass
- Lost over 3% body fat in just 6 weeks
- Increased her bone density by 0.2 according to a bone density scan
- Improved her metabolism by over 30 calories per day
Another woman, who was 67 years old, was able to swing the 12kg/26lb kettlebell for 100 reps by the end of Week 6! Her posture significantly improved to where she was standing up straight. Her flexibility also improved by leaps and bounds. She exceeded every expectation for strength over the 6 weeks and surprised even her coach.
What are you waiting for?
Head Coach Devin Gray, CSCS, teaches DoubleACS how to perform the two-hand kettlebell swing.
If you’re already familiar with kettlebell training, here’s what you need to know:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are Moderate, Heavy, and Light days for strength training, respectively.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays are technique, recovery, and “fun” days. We teach beginners the “program minimum” routine of 10×10 swings and 5×1 get ups on this day. All students are encouraged to attend Tuesday & Thursday classes to practice these movements, as well as explore new techniques and drills.
- Workout programming focus varies by month and uses the science of periodization for best results.
- M/W/F classes have three main parts: a lower body strength movement (such as squats), a press + pull strength pairing (such as clean + press ladders paired with pullup ladders), and conditioning with a ballistic exercise (such as swings or snatches for time). Loaded carries, upper back work, and other accessory lifts and movements are added as needed and as time allows for variety and structural balance.
- Our main strength goals include working towards a 32kg/70lb swing & 32kg/70lb press for men, as well as a 24kg/53lb swing and a 16kg/35lb press for women.
- Pullups are a goal for all students, as are advanced skills such as pistol squats, pushups, one-arm pushups, and gymnastic-based abdominal exercises.